Connecting an octo to RAM's hookah port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used all three variations with great success. All of the type that use the plastic washers seem to seal better with two washers than one though frankly as I have said, I have had zero issues with any of that type. The first type with the compression type fitting would occasionally leak but both variations of the type with the washers work wonderful. I prefer my octo on the hookah port than on the Phoenix but again that is a preference probably from having always used it there.

I also made my own design using a stainless AN flare fitting B nut and custom machined adapter but it was more difficult to make than the simple plastic washer type so why reinvent the wheel :).

N

Elan, may I suggest you go to the maker Vintage Double Hose about this problem. It seems to me coming to this forum is counterproductive to your needs? I mean if you want the part to work I would bet that Bryan could help you with proper installation or even replacement if the part is defective. When you mass produce parts sometimes a defective one slips by the vendor. Bryan was making and giving away those adapters by the hundreds and I am sure that he tried to inspect every single one, but you never know. I know Bryan personally and he has always stood behind his parts and I doubt that he would do otherwise in this case. I don't want to speak for him, but in all fairness to him you should email him instead of getting your info from us on another website.

Vintage Scuba - Vintage Scuba Gear at Vintage Double Hose has a great forum where this sort of thing can be discussed as well.

Elan, may I suggest you go to the maker Vintage Double Hose about this problem. It seems to me coming to this forum is counterproductive to your needs? I mean if you want the part to work I would bet that Bryan could help you with proper installation or even replacement if the part is defective. When you mass produce parts sometimes a defective one slips by the vendor. Bryan was making and giving away those adapters by the hundreds and I am sure that he tried to inspect every single one, but you never know. I know Bryan personally and he has always stood behind his parts and I doubt that he would do otherwise in this case. I don't want to speak for him, but in all fairness to him you should email him instead of getting your info from us on another website.

Vintage Scuba - Vintage Scuba Gear at Vintage Double Hose has a great forum where this sort of thing can be discussed as well.

Dttio pretty much. I have personally met Bryan and have had dealings with him. He is a stand up guy. I would not hesitate to recommend him or his products and services.:wink:

Jim

The issue was simply that I did not remember where the adapter came from :idk: I was getting ddifferent parts from different sources including VDH so I was not sure if it was actually theirs, I hesitated to come for support to the guys if I'm not sure it was their product :)

Back
Top Bottom