Congrats to Marpacifica....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulation, I don't know how you manage to get mating mandarinfish pictures in Dumaguette, they were incredibly skittish when I was there and I found mandarinfish in Puerto Galera and Sipadan quite a bit more sedated!

hey, well done Marlo, well deserved!!!

Good heavens, I didn't know the sexual dimorphism was so disparate! I take it that the little one is the boy?

Woohoo! Finally won a contest! Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

ssra -- I was very fortunate for that shot. It took me three dives to find the right place on the reef and about 100 shots each dive to get a pair mating. shoot till your fingers bleed.....

archman:
Good heavens, I didn't know the sexual dimorphism was so disparate! I take it that the little one is the boy?

archman -- I think the large one is the boy. he was cruising the dead staghorn coral and chasing off other males. I think in other species though the female is bigger, like anemonefish. But then again, I'm not a mandarinfish so don't bet anything on what I say!

Congradulations, Marlo! Your pic deserves the recognition.

marpacifica:
ssra -- I was very fortunate for that shot. It took me three dives to find the right place on the reef and about 100 shots each dive to get a pair mating. shoot till your fingers bleed.....

Wow, good work, unfortunately I dive with dive buddy attention deficit disorder, I think. At least when it comes to Mandarinfish, their attention span is about 5 minutes. I don't think I ever manage to camp out for more than one single dive at anyplace for mandarinfish. The picture was well worth the effort though.

By the way, the Hill at Puerto Galera seemed to have a higher concentration of mandarinfish in a smaller area unfortunately I only got pictures of single mandarinfish as none seemed to be in mating mood that night :bawling:

Marlo,

Congratulations on winning the POTW contest. With the quality of your shots, it was bound to happen sooner or later!

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom