confused on LCD back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an gopro 3 back. is there a lcd non touch screen available for it. have read the standard touch back may not be suitable for deep dives.
thanks
Ken

The original lcd for the Hero2 will work or the touchscreen version comes with 2 doors for the housing. 1 for touch application that is only waterproof to about 2-3 meters and the other is a normal solid door that will negate the touch capability of the lcd but still allow you to go to depth with the camera. Or if you have a smartphone/tablet you can just use the app + wifi to adjust your framing topside and save the money from the lcd to do a couple more dives.

I have the old lcd on a hero 3, I took the backpack off to help with battery life. It is just not that useful underwater shooting with a pole.
If you have it closer to your face on a tray maybe

I called gopro. The lcd touchback comes with three backs. One is suitable for underwater but the touch screen doesn't work. I will use the gopro on my tray. Its a backup for my omd in case I have a flood.

Your wasting your time and battery power for lcd use underwater...the screen is so small you can barely see what your doing anyway...

It is a very confusing issue: I bought an LCD touch screen in New York for my Gopro 3 black. Opening the box, I found the 3 housings, only one of which looks anything like a water-proof back. BUT, I also found a loose piece of paper in the box stating that the back (which?) onoy works up to a depth of 30 feet. To some, that may sound sufficient, but it is not: a) one dives deeper than that, b) just jumping in the water with the camera will generate more pressure that it can stand.

Could Kenr confirm that GoPro state the LCD can be used to the same depth as the housing (200 feet)....?

Rene

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom