Confused About All the Island Choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also visit Maya Beach where they filmed The Beach and Monkey Island as they are both in the Phi Phi area. It does really look like that! Of course you need the right camera angle to avoid the tourist. As Santa (Bowmouth) writes, just stay in one of the areas mentioned above. In the end all will be good, but IMO it is best to stay on the Andaman side during Dec. We did the Phi Phi trip twice and really enjoyed it.

All resorts will hose you with an Xmas or New Years dinner though. Just go with it. The price is a bit steep but a show should be included.

I hear what you're saying Arizona. Phi-Phi is sounding good and was checking out Phi-Phi Island Village Beach - any thoughts?

For these places does it make a difference whether you use the house dive shop or are the local ones better. Usually when doing a "dive vacation" I look for a nice small dive shop I can spend the time with but this will be probably only 3 or so days in the water so maybe less of a necessity.

Thanks,

bg

I think it best to take in what others say as well, but I had a good experience with the shop located at the Holiday Inn. Staff change as did the one down the beach I used the first time I was there. You might want to email the shop at the Holiday Inn. If Wayne is still there, that would be my pick. The speedboat and ability to just hang your gear at the shop by the hotel was very convenient. I am sure things have changed and I have not been there for over a year. Take 30 minutes when your there and chat with the one or two dive shops in that area and go with your gut feeling if this is your final choice.

Not sure about the Island Beach Village. There are a few other hotels near the Holiday Inn that may be a good option as well.

Phi Phi Island Village Resort and Spa is an excellent choice. It's located next to a quiet beautiful stretch of beach and has its own dive centre. But (as far as I know) you will need boat transfers to get to the village on Ton Sai Beach or to do any other activities.

A longtail boat will most likely do. How romantic for the happy couple :)

Thanks, this is all great. It seems to have helped narrow it down a bit. I agree you probably can't go wrong but can possibly be righter :wink:

You've got a great choice of honeymoon hotels in the Krabi area, (there's a nice one in my Facebook link), plus all of the diving too. Phi Phi, Shark Point and our own local islands are all day trips, so no worry. Next season there will be the new overnight trips using Phi Phi as a stopover. So much choice, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom