Conch Diver Heading To The Frozen North

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well it's been official for a while, but with other job related travel and a new job I haven't been on lately to let everyone know other than a couple of emails.

I've accepted a new job in Minneapolis and have been up there for the past few weeks. Though I'm leaving the dive capital of the US, the job is good and the salary is even better. I've gone ahead, and the family will be following when school ends in June.

I've been coming back home every couple of weekends, but it's also volleyball season and that means as soon I hit the ground I'm in a car off to a tournament somewhere. BUT, in the next couple of months I have some free weekends and I have to get my dives in.

As soon as I have flights and schedules set for late April and May, I will be checking the trips section to see what's set so I can join up. Maybe we can set up a memorable last dive to the Grove or a night dive to the Towers (hint, hint). I hope to get my dives in with as many of you as I can before the final move.

For those who I may not get to see over the next few months I want to say thank you for having met you and being buddies. It's been great fun and I've enjoyed meeting all of you.

I have new adventures ahead, and now have to learn how to dive with a dry suit, frigid water, and brown colored fish. :)

Marc

Sorry to see you go. At least you can call it a vacation to come down here in the future :wink:

Well look at the bright side - you won't have to drive 2,200 miles to get lutefisk anymore.

Marc, you and Melissa and family will be missed; rest assured anytime you're in town you will have plenty of places to crash if needed!

Let us know as soon as you know what weekends you'll be in town and I'm certain we can get a night dive to Tenneco arranged.....I know more than one Concher is looking to get that going!!!!

Best wishes in Minn.!

I am gonna miss you and Melissa as buddies. Good luck in the move, and there is always a couch available to crash on....

So, the Conchs are losing a buddy and gaining one, as is the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew... They are having a meet n greet mid April FYI..

Miss ya buddy..

I'm going to miss both you & Melissa too, Marc- come visit often!

Have I got a deal for you ! I just accepted a job in Fl. and will be doing the same as you but going the opposite direction !! Cold water gear , Ice fishing gear , cold weather clothes and boots ..........hmmmmm maybe a deal could be made ! lol ....Good luck !! Scott

My best to you and yours, Marc. It'll be a bit of a transition, but I'm sure that you'll have a great time.

Are you working with another hotel property up there? If so, which one? I do some business travel to the Twin Cities, and it'd be nice to catch up some time. Who knows, maybe we could dive the Mall of America together!

All the best,
Grier

From everyones condolences, it sounds like your life is just about over! It will be O.K., you're just moving to Minnesota.There is some very good diving around the area. About 140 miles north of the metro area is the Cuyuna mine pit lakes, around the towns of Crosby MN (east of Brainerd, where I live) If you want to buddy up, we go almost every week. If wreck diving is your thing, get on I35 and head up to the north shore of Lake Superior, It's about 200 miles to Silver Bay. I suggest the mine pits, or Superior based on visibility. Although you can dive in the rest of the 10,000 lakes, some of the vis leaves a lot to be desired.(I'm spoiled, I like to see while i'm diving) Please don't give up hope, Moving to Mn isn't a death sentence for good diving. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom