Concerns for younger childrens activities on Invasion 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparky923

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I hope this is the appropriate place to post this; so here goes.

I really want to attend the Cozumel Invasion, but I have some reservations about it, that I hope can be relieved.

My son and I, (he's 22) scuba dive and am sure we would have a blast, but I'm concerned about others in my family. My younger kids (twin boy and girl) aged 8 and my wife wouldn't be diving. Would there be a lot of activities on the island for a mom and 2, 8 year olds to do, is my question?

I'm sure that their were a few people from the last invasion that probably had a similar situation, and was wondering how well the entire family enjoyed the trip.

Thanks
Sparky

Several folks brought entire families to the last Invasion. I know of one Invader who came last year with his wife, and this year is bringing the youngsters and the grandparents as well. Hotel Cozumel is a big facility with many activities for non-divers including kids stuff.
Here is a thread from last year's Invasion http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-june-12-19-2011/364845-hotel-cozumel-amenities-extra-services.html
that has shows a daily schedule of activities from dance lessons, water volleyball, I saw kids with painted faces and costumes. There were shows as well each evening.
So much to do, and not enough time or energy to do it all.

My wife and I attended the 2011 Cozumel Invasion and sent the kids to my parents house in Louisiana for the week. Next year we are bringing the kids, 7 and 2, and the grandparents with us to Cozumel.

Thanks Elena,
I'll show this to my wife and we'll look through the threads from last years invasion. I'm sure everyone will have a blast, but didn't want to drag the family on a week long vacation, and only a couple of us have fun. There's nothing like a weeks vacation and the little ones bored after the second day!! That makes for a long week for everyone.

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this; so here goes.

I really want to attend the Cozumel Invasion, but I have some reservations about it, that I hope can be relieved.

My son and I, (he's 22) scuba dive and am sure we would have a blast, but I'm concerned about others in my family. My younger kids (twin boy and girl) aged 8 and my wife wouldn't be diving. Would there be a lot of activities on the island for a mom and 2, 8 year olds to do, is my question?

I'm sure that their were a few people from the last invasion that probably had a similar situation, and was wondering how well the entire family enjoyed the trip.

Thanks
Sparky

The Invasion is for EVERYONE and families are more than welcome. That's what this event is all about. The ScubaBoard family gathers for a week of fun and diving and we have made sure there is plenty for non divers to do.

In your case here are a few facts
Kids under 12 stay and eat free (with 2 paid Adults in a room)
The hotel has a kids club and will watch the kids free as long as 1 adult is at the hotel. With activities for the kids all day.
Babysitting is also available at the hotel ( I believe the price is on their website)

There are activities at the hotel for adults going on all day.
It is only a 10 minute walk to town and shopping.

Here a link to things to do on the island
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-cozumel-june-12-19-2011/367358-things-do-cozumel.html

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask or PM me.

Thanks for all the replies.

Looks like it should be a fun week for all. Hopefully it will work out so we can attend.

My wife is really enjoys cruises, so it may take some convincing that an all inclusive is just as fun of a vacation for her and the twins.

I think there are plenty of things to do, Holly and my son did enjoy the island and the resort. My son said he really liked playing with Carlos in the pool, and of course he loved to snorkel while he was there. There are plenty of things to keep almost anyone busy for the week(or two). I already have my flight for this year, just need to make the rest of my reservations. Though I will be solo this year, which is both good and bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom