Concatenated Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI

I have just confirmed that when you have a post that falls from the top of the New Posts list, and you post something that gets appended.....the thread does in fact jump to the top again. So I think unless something now gets changed, that is a moot point.

Why is bumping posts against the TOS?
For the same reason we disallow identical posts: it reduces ratio per deluvium (argument by deluge). A lot of people use the New Post feature and some people try to abuse it in the process. FWIW, there are creative ways to bump a thread that are allowed. First, you have to wait 24 hours if no one else posts after you. Then, as long as you don't use the word "bump", you can simply add some additional insight or question to legitimately bump your post. This keeps nonsensical or redundant posts to a minimum thereby making the new post feature more valuable as well as stopping people from running their post count up with the same kind of nonsense.

TC answered it perfectly. There is nothing for the PTB to add.

No, it can't be set for only part of ScubaBoard: it's all or nothing.

TC was on the money, but since he phrased it as things that "come to mind" and "Howard will have to provide the definitive answer," I appreciate Howard's reply.

My apologies to Howard. I did not intend my comment about sniping to be anything but a humorous post. Just like in the smiley thread, I posted with an intent of humor. What can I say I like to have fun. I apologize if anyone got their panties in a knot because of it.

My apologies to Howard. I did not intend my comment about sniping to be anything but a humorous post. Just like in the smiley thread, I posted with an intent of humor. What can I say I like to have fun. I apologize if anyone got their panties in a knot because of it.

Me? No worries. I go commando :wink:

Me? No worries. I go commando :wink:

Around here going commando is only on Thursdays, (at least if you want to admit it).:D:D

Well number one, the question was posed to the staff...TC's post while being deemed "correct" wasn't from the staff, and if he's staff, he isn't the proper shade of green....A simple "TC's correct" or "I concur" with a copy of his post, would have been nice!

Here my complaint...when I'm reading through a thread, and I respond to someone it turns into it's own post...as I continue to read, and respond to another post, (by another person) it becomes part of the same post. If it were answering or responding to the same person, then it would be convenient, but as far as continuity goes, I think it's confusing.

But again, I question how these changes make this place a kinder/gentler place to come and talk about diving? I could care less about post count and I fail to realize what the big problem with "bumping" a thread is...you respond to a thread, it goes back to the top...whatever?!? If someone is abusing that by just going "bump" then maybe you need to deal with this on an individual basis... I guess my ultimate question is why is the staff getting so thin skinned in regards to what people are doing here?

Well number one, the question was posed to the staff...TC's post while being deemed "correct" wasn't from the staff, and if he's staff, he isn't the proper shade of green....A simple "TC's correct" or "I concur" with a copy of his post, would have been nice!

Here my complaint...when I'm reading through a thread, and I respond to someone it turns into it's own post...as I continue to read, and respond to another post, (by another person) it becomes part of the same post. If it were answering or responding to the same person, then it would be convenient, but as far as continuity goes, I think it's confusing.

But again, I question how these changes make this place a kinder/gentler place to come and talk about diving? I could care less about post count and I fail to realize what the big problem with "bumping" a thread is...you respond to a thread, it goes back to the top...whatever?!? If someone is abusing that by just going "bump" then maybe you need to deal with this on an individual basis... I guess my ultimate question is why is the staff getting so thin skinned in regards to what people are doing here?

TC IS a moderator, and his answer is as good as any of the moderation team's response. Here... i'll be red now ... what's that mean?? Now that I'm not green, is my comment invalid?

We're not thin skinned. We just don't want bullies to rule this place. That however has nothing to do with this. Sorry you don't like this, and your objections are noted.

Again... not to beat this dead horse... But there's like 5 objections to this new policy. Apparently the masses don't seem to be bothered by it. It's not PUNISHMENT to everyone on the site, even though a few users view it that way. This feature makes less work for moderators so that they can focus on the real task at hand on SB which is keeping SB friendly :wink:

thanks for sharing your opinion though.

Actually I'm a Senior Moderator here..... Unless I got fired and they forgot to tell me. :D

I just don't look good in green.

TC IS a moderator, and his answer is as good as any of the moderation team's response. Here... i'll be red now ... what's that mean??

We're not thin skinned. We just don't want bullies to rule this place. That however has nothing to do with this. Sorry you don't like this, and your objections are noted.

thanks.

I won't say what I'm thinking about your nic being red....

Then maybe MY suggestion would be that the mod's all have a "banner" so regardless of their nic color we would actually KNOW that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom