Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Battery failure

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Infant mortality

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had the following "problems"..

computer started in shower and woke me up wanting me to go deco in the night, in the bed.... unscrew battery and cleaned sensors then it works like a charm,
(wrist watch type of computer)

computer didnt start properly at dive start, showed totally wrong depth.
this was most likely due to the fact that I had pulled it to hard against the drysuit and trapped air infront of the deapth sensor wich meant that it didnt read right...

battery low in cold conditions = shutdown computer..

capillary depth gauge wich got small particles in it and clogged the little tube..
would also like to point out that the capillary depth gauge is very nice but hard to read in low viz situations..

but they are nice to have...and actually saw someone still selling them, thought of buying one....

i had a citizen promaster dive watch fail durring a dive once. this was an older mechanical (battery powered) watch/depth gauge combo. it failed due to a small leak through the crown (not screwed down fully tight). it got just a couple of drops of water in it. it seems the water shorted the battery, and the watch power failed.

citizen fixed it for about 40 dollars.

i have a capillary depth gauge that failed. the failure was noticed before a dive. the plug in the far end of the capillary came out, so it became a tube open at both ends. its wrist strap was of unusual dimensions (very narrow) and became ratty, so now it has a bungy cord strap.

Hobbs:
capillary depth gauge wich got small particles in it and clogged the little tube..
would also like to point out that the capillary depth gauge is very nice but hard to read in low viz situations..

but they are nice to have...and actually saw someone still selling them, thought of buying one....

We used to use them extensively in the pre-computer age for deco diving. They were very accurate down to 30-40 feet or so and were a good compliment to conventional mechanical depth guages that were not horribly accurate at deco stop depths.

They still make excellent backup gauges as they are lightweight, low profile, inexpensive and low maintenence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom