Computer questiom for you gurus....+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I frequently save some of the photos posted here, with the members permission, for my own use in a screen saver. Recently, when I right click to 'Save Picture As...' it saves as a .bmp file instead of a .jpg file.

I'm using Win XP Pro. How can I change this? It used to save them as .jpg and I don't remember changing anything.

There should be a drop down menu under the space that you name it, however if that is not the case you should go under the Program that you are using to open your Pictures and change the properties pref. to save as jpeg

I'll give you another solution.
Don't use Internet Explorer.
I got tired of the pop-ups that I could not control not to mention all the vulnerabilities in IE.
I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and love it.

KimLeece:
So it was a horse that wrote Windows!!! Now that would explain a lot! :D

hahahahaha

Gilligan:
I'll give you another solution.
Don't use Internet Explorer.
I got tired of the pop-ups that I could not control not to mention all the vulnerabilities in IE.
I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and love it.

since I downloaded the Google task bar, I don't get pop-ups anymore. But IE will just suddenly quit.

The fix in that link is a pain! I always get nervous deleting system files! Thanks for the link, though.

I think I'll try Mozilla.

I;m with Gilligan on the use of Mozilla, it's much better than IE!!

Dee:
since I downloaded the Google task bar, I don't get pop-ups anymore. But IE will just suddenly quit.

I tried the Yahoo Anti Spy toolbar. It allows what Yahoo wants to get through it along with anything else that gets by it.
Bottom line is; IE sucks.

Yeah...I had the same experience with Yahoo.

I D/L Mozilla Firefox last night and I think I like it! There's a few hinky things I have to get used to but so far, it's nice. It even imported all my IE bookmarks so I didn't have to re-do those. Oh yeah....and the .jpg thing is fixed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom