Computer knocking me out of Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FrankF

Reaction score
Since Scubaboard was migrated I have had some trouble using/getting onto the site. When I put in the web address the site comes up and then half a second later a message box comes up saying: "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site http://www.scubaboard.com. Operation aborted." When I close this message box it directs me to the black and white "This page cannot be displayed" page. On the status bar at the bottom of IE, I have noticed that a restricted icon appears whenever I am on the site. I have tried to make some changes to my security settings (such as accepting all cookies from this site and lowering my security settings) but I haven't been able to fix this. I also have this same problem with www.weather.com, in case there is some type of similarity between the sites that could make the diagnosis of this problem easier. I'm at a loss for ideas here so any suggestions anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Frank

You seem like a pretty computer savy guy. If you havnt done this yet you can try to go to tools then internet options and delete all your cookies and temp files. I did and it helped me bunch's

Mike

Frank,

Can you please work your way through my check list/procedures in the following post:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=466359&postcount=13

I'm presuming you are using a Windows system so downloading and running (twice) SpyBot at http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=home is also suggested.

Also, please make sure that your browser version is the latest and that all your browser settings are set to the default.

<fingers crossed> and Good luck :)

Thank you very much for all your help!

Thanks for the suggestions Steve! I ran through the checklist, cleared cookies and temp files, ran a virus scan, ran a fix on a worm that I had a few months ago (came up clean, but I was willing to try anything) and dropped my notebook from a 2nd story window. Maybe I'll try Microsoft or Dell when I have the time to run through a song and dance with them. I am at the end of my rope here!

Thanks again for your suggestions, everyone!

Frank

Frank,

Sorry your issue is still not fixed. The next step is the video driver. Yep, this may sound strange but please trust me :)

Go to:

The Start Button >> Windows Update and let uncle Bill and the boys scan your system for the latest updates. Say yes to a video driver update and a browser update.

Make sure you save your work as this may require a restart.

Log out and clear/deleate your cookies. Log in and hope it sticks.

Good luck!

ARGHHHHHHHHH

I too am suffering the same issues - Here, www.weather.com and at www.scubadiving.com (err what ever rodales site is called)

Very agrivating. I'm tryin to research regs & dive computers but my freakin computer won't let me :'(

JJ1,

I have tried countless different things to try to fix this. NOTHING has worked. I've had a few people look at it to no avail, and I've done searches on the internet and found other people with the same problem that can't find out how to fix it. It's a complete mystery. I've decided to back up my hard drive and reformat it. When I get to this (backing up might take a while with all the picture and mp3's I have) I will let you know if it was successful and/or worth the time and effort. Sorry to hear you are sticken with this curse, too...maybe we can start a support group!

Frank

:D

My dad's a shrink I could prolly get us a group discount lol

I think I'm gonna download Netscape tonight......I downloaded one of those cheap & easy 1meg net browsers and all the sites work flawlessly.....so it's something specific to the way IE6 is reading the sites coding.

The recurring problem we seem to see over and over again is with cookie permissions. IE 6 defaults to some pretty strict cookie settings that need to be changed to get many sites to work so if you are having problems be sure you add scubaboard.com to your trusted list of sites for cookies and if you see a little red stop sign on the bottom of your window, double click it to see what IE is blocking and why. Also be sure you are accessing the board via www.scubaboard.com and not our ip address or any other mirror domain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom