Computer integrated watch - Who makes them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruehlt

Contributor
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a second watch, and in the process want to upgrade. Who makes watches that have integrated computers? I am looking for a watch that would incorporate decompression features, as I want to get into deco training soon. Thanks!

bruehlt once bubbled...
I am thinking of buying a second watch, and in the process want to upgrade. Who makes watches that have integrated computers? I am looking for a watch that would incorporate decompression features, as I want to get into deco training soon. Thanks!

If you're going to be doing decompression diving, a "deco watch" is not the instrument you need. You need a bottom timer.

That being said, there are many watch style computers around. Citizen and Suunto are two that come to mind.
They are expensive for what you get IMO.

Phil

Dive Rite has two of them out now. Check their webpage.

www.diverite.com

I managed to purchase one of the new Dive Rite Nitek Plus wristwatch computers, and I have to say that I am very pleased. The Dive Rite site can tell you all the features, but I just wanted to put in that it's really easy to operate, easy to read underwater, and gives you all the necessary information at a glance. My only complaint is that it's held on by a rubber strap. I'm going to replace that soon.

I use the mosquito and love it. I don't do deco diving, so I can't claim to be the expert, but on page 39 of the manual, it explains deco diving with the mosquito. You can find the link here.

http://www.suunto.com/pls/suunto/docs/F759081841/Mosquito-ENG.pdf

I do know that one of the local techies like the stinger by suunto because you can override it and go into gauge mode if you violate the NDL. Again, don't know, only passing along what I've read/heard.

The new DiveRite computer is very small. Slightly larger than my dive watch.

My buddy has one. Makes my Cressi Archimedes look huge!

I would definitely look into it.

Peter Doege

I see that Suunto makes two (mosquito and vyper?), Diveright makes one or two. I know there is one more that I have seen available, but can't think of the manufacturer right now.

Its amazing that more manufacturers aren't jumping aboard the bandwagon, prices would surely come down if there were more alternatives out there.

I see by some of the polls that most of the people out there like the VR3 as their computer of choice. Anyone have any recommendations of anything other than the VR3 - something not as expensive that isn't tri-mix compatible (just full deco compatible on air/nitrox)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom