computer information please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdawg

Reaction score
A freind gave me two consoles with computers, compuses, pressure guages and hoses. He said to try them out and give him a fair amount if I want to keep them. I am a relative newbie to scuba so I could use some guidence.

First Console is all US Divers "Pivot" console with Matrix computer the rest is nothing fancy but in good condition & has new batteries.

Second one is all Suunto with the Favor computer (with new, easy to change, battery) and a nothing fancy compus and guage. This is all attached to a SeaQuest first and Mirage second stage and alternate. (no BC hose ?, I didnt ask)

Both show some wear and are about 5 years old. What I need from you all is a "fair" price. I know both are quality name brand but are these models good? Thanks in advance.

My advice is to check the price of a new Genesis Resource.... unless you dive nitrox and want a nitrox computer...then check out the Genesis React.

They are both great computers....not expensive....can be wrist mounted (which i also recommend) .... you can change the battery yourself.....and most of all....come with a warrantee that they back up fantastically.

I wouldnt trust computers that old...that banged up...and after putting money into them have them go nipples up and be stuck.

not too sure about the USD, but I know that the suunto is discontinued and that the favor is a decent computer and that it cannot do nitrox if you are thinking about that. Also you say that the compass is nothing special. suunto changed to the SK-7 compass a few years ago making it awesome. My opinion is that you say thanks but no thanks. A computer is something that has to be taylored to the eneds of an individual diver and the favor is the cheapest one in the suunto line up so I would see exactly how much you save versuys buying a new one.

I would offer him $200 for each setup. They both probably need service, they are not top of the line, in fact they are not even middle of the road. DOnt pay more than that for either one. If it was me, I would do your homework and decide what you want, and then decide if you want to buy new, or go with this gear used.

personally, I have bought both new and used gear, sometimes you make out and sometimes you dont. Buyer beware...

You can buy a brand new, Nitrox capable wrist computer for 300$. Why buy someone else's old junk? Get new gear, and be sure that it's suited to the type of diving you intend to do.

BTW: US Divers doesn't make computers anymore. In fact, they are now part of Aqua Lung, which distributes SUUNTO computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom