Computer- console or wrist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doubles:

Suunto Vytec DS on left wrist. Uwatec bottom timer on right. SPG clipped off on left hip.

Single:

Same as above, sans SPG.

Wrist, wrist, wrist... I love the fact that it is so easy to check depth & ascent rate. I practice doing ascents without a reference or anchor line, and can't imagine doing it with a console (though it's probably possible).

I use a console. I don't like things on my wrist with my drysuit and I clip the console so it only takes me looking down to see everything.

Steve

Wrist,

A year ago, I wanted to transfer my wrist computer to my console ....

LDS " suggested " to keep wearing it on the wrist .... Why?

Ever happened on a boat dive that either you or the diver next to you sat on your equipment ??? Accidents do happen, and if someone's tank accidently hit your console, and your computer is mounted in your console, how much will it cost you to replace it ???

So far, nobody has sat on my wrist !!!!

Wrist,

Ever happened on a boat dive that either you or the diver next to you sat on your equipment ??? Accidents do happen, and if someone's tank accidently hit your console, and your computer is mounted in your console, how much will it cost you to replace it ???
It will cost approximately the same amount it takes to replace a wrist mounted unit that gets lost, either underwater or topside. :D

If " I " misplace or loose my wrist computer, it's my fault ???

If the next idiot breaks my computer, I'm pissed !!!! :wink:

Wrist.

Funny how those who say their console doesn't dangle often have dangling consoles in their pictures... turns out the 6" or so the console is dangling down is actually "dangling", although not a huge distance. It'll still get caught if you rise to skim over a rock formation and don't clear it enough...

Hardcore lobstering where you are sticking your arms down holes on a regular basis is about the only reason I can think of to keep your arms clear.

Back
Top Bottom