Computer- console or wrist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Which do you like and why?
Thanks,
Spencer

Personally, I like a console. Sorry, but I just don't like big gauges on my wrist, though I understand their advantages. Console is clipped so it doesn't dangle... much; most of the time it's tucked inside my elbow.

--Marek

Wrist
In my oppinion, easier faster to check. Keeps my left hand free to adjust buoyancy. Threre are other reasons, but these are the main ones.

But to each his/her own. The real question is: What do you prefer???:coffee:

Wrist.

I have my computer on my right wrist, compass on my left (I am a lefty). I find this configuration easier fo ascents. Left hand has the LPI right in front to monitor ascent rate and depth.

My computer, spg, and compass are all in a console attached to my reg. If I'm breathing underwater, then all of my gauges are with me.

You'd be surprised at the number of times the wrist mounted computers and compasses are forgotten ---- I've done a several dives with Hogarthian/DIR divers that were missing either their compass or their computer/bottom timer.

I try to make life simple.

Which do you like and why?

Console - Pro Plus2
Its air integrated so I look at pressure and the computer. Number are big and bright. Backlighting for night dives are easy. I only need one hand to operate/view it. I removed the compass (now on wrist) and it tucks neatly away.

I also use a Citizen Aqualand as a back up.

wrist...both of them.

Computer on right wrist and watch with bottom timer functions on left wrist. That way it's always easy to check depth and time. I suppose if I was so experienced that I didn't even need to look at my instruments much anymore then the console would be better for rec diving.

But imagine deco diving with a console? Every safety (edit: i meant deco) stop you'd have to unclip it from the left hip with a bunch of deco bottles in the way if kept there. And if it was at the chest then it might get in the way of the can light or deco bottles or just stick out in an undesirable way for someone diving in tight spaces of wrecks and caves.

But hey, I have yet to try one of those HUD masks with a computer in it - that may be the best of all.

Wrist cause it makes me look cool!
Also I find it easier to watch my depth during ascent.

Back
Top Bottom