Compressing Helium Mixtures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies. Heat was one of my concerns. I do have a laser thermometer and know the general temps of all three heads on my compressor pumping air and 32%.
Basically I'm looking at the prospects of doing both PP and continuous depending on the situation.
The point is to minimize dumping tanks and also be able to use all of the gas in the supply tank of helium.
I am considering reclaiming partial tanks of trimix by running them through the compressor using the garbage bag technique. Also want to use for banking a helium mix when scavenging the remains of a supply tank in which the pressure is too low to boost with. With continuous I can use virtually the entire contents of the He supply tank.
I need to get a booster and looking at the Haskel Mini booster, so figured this would be a way to minimize use of the small booster.
Looking at the mini booster for price/portability and drive air needs. Maybe there is a better option regarding the booster.
I don't have a need to fill big doubles anymore, all of this applies to rebreather use (dil cylinders) and the occasional refills of bailout/deco stages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom