completing ow in aruba unique sports- opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRAZYBOBC

Reaction score
after looking at schedules to complete the 4 open water dives i have picked unique as the best i.e. 2 days all finish before the afternoon this is imporant because will be leaving wife to accomplish this though she can accompany on boat, being pregnant probably wouldn't be a good idea. anyway most people recommend pelican and dive aruba, or native
i would like to know if anyone has used unique, or heard of experiences with them

sorry not able to help you with Unique. However I will say that with the 2 morning dives with clive "dive aruba"you are back around same time as Unique is. I passed there boat many of times.

enjoy your trip. I hope Unique works out for you.

Jared

scubaj:
sorry not able to help you with Unique. However I will say that with the 2 morning dives with clive "dive aruba"you are back around same time as Unique is. I passed there boat many of times.

enjoy your trip. I hope Unique works out for you.

Jared

Clive/Dive Aruba sure has a lot of satisfied customers. I have yet to read a negative report.

I wonder though, how does he handle OW students and certified divers ? Are they on separate boats ? Separate dive masters ? As a certified diver, I would hate to share a DM who is also teaching students.

ronrosa:
Clive/Dive Aruba sure has a lot of satisfied customers. I have yet to read a negative report.

I wonder though, how does he handle OW students and certified divers ? Are they on separate boats ? Separate dive masters ? As a certified diver, I would hate to share a DM who is also teaching students.

Well when I was there he only had one boat in the water his other boat was gone and he said it would not be back soon. so I would say you would be on the same boat. but he only takes 6 people max.

Now as how he would handle it I have no clue. When I went there was only one person doing AoW and that never slowed us up on anything.

jared

scubaj:
Well when I was there he only had one boat in the water his other boat was gone and he said it would not be back soon. so I would say you would be on the same boat. but he only takes 6 people max.

Now as how he would handle it I have no clue. When I went there was only one person doing AoW and that never slowed us up on anything.

jared

What happened dives like navigation and deep ? What did you and the other divers do while clive and the student did the drills ?

I used him for my OW and it worked out fine.

I e-mailed him ahead of time to make the arrangements. My father-in-law did it with me, so it was two of us. When we dove with him for our OW, it was just the two of us. I don't know if he did that so that he wouldn't have to worry about other customers while dealing with two students or if it was just luck on our part.

You could always e-mail him and ask him.

Either way, he takes no more than six people max. On one occasion that I dove with him, there were four of us. That's the most it's ever been for any of my dives with him.

He's always professional and it's always a great dive experience with him.

I suspect that if you use him for your OW check-out dives, you'll do two shore dives with him without other customers. The next day, you'll do two boat dives with him, and there might be other customers. But I really don't know for sure.

You should consider using him, though. He was great.

Good luck.

ronrosa:
What happened dives like navigation and deep ? What did you and the other divers do while clive and the student did the drills ?

Well we just went on our merry way, but was not around for him to do his navigation.

See the thing with Aruba is its alot of wrecks of some sort or another. So while we would be checking that out they did there thing I guess. like I said I never was held up by whatever was going on I just went off with my buddy and we did what we wanted.

He is not the type that says you come up at 30 min its more like come up when your done. Air permiting.

Jared

My husband and I lived and worked in Aruba as dive instructors for a few years (left in 2000). Unique watersports has the best reputation of any of the dive shops around. Friendly and personal service, good equipent and boats, and great staff. Emmett (the owner) does a wonderful job there. (This is a non-prejudicial response - we did NOT work for Unique Watersports). If you need any more info let me know, I can tell you all about Aruba.

gonzodive:
My husband and I lived and worked in Aruba as dive instructors for a few years (left in 2000). Unique watersports has the best reputation of any of the dive shops around. Friendly and personal service, good equipent and boats, and great staff. Emmett (the owner) does a wonderful job there. (This is a non-prejudicial response - we did NOT work for Unique Watersports). If you need any more info let me know, I can tell you all about Aruba.

Well I am going to be in Aruba for a week in June. I am planning on using Unique since I'll be staying at the Aruba Grand. I believe Unique's shop and boats are at the Grand.

I like long bottom times, but understand that if the whole boat is already up on the boat after 45 minutes I should go up too.

I like to shoot underwater video and don't have much footage of wrecks. Hopefully Aruba will fill that void nicely.

I have some of my scuba videos on my website if anyone cares to take a look.

http://www.ronrosa.com/ron/scuba.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom