Complaint about moderation from Impact of the US Shutdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is BASIC Scuba: a green zone.

There is no room for politics here: take that to the Pub, please. Posts containing political commentary have been deleted or edited by me. That goes double for snarky off topic posts.

The topic is how the shutdown is affecting Scuba and travel.

Please keep to that narrow topic and reserve your political commentary for the Pub, where it belongs.

In the process of answering peoples questions I then said that the shutdown is despicable, disgusting and embarrassing and that is political? That's ludicrous. EVERYONE of ALL political persuasions believes that! I took no sides and expressed NO politics whatsoever.

First time I've ever had posts removed.

Pete ... that's just stupid.

Basic Scuba and a few other forums are "Green Zones" where you simply must stay on topic. Your post added no insight to dealing with the issues nor did it give any anecdotal evidence about what is happening. We could have moved the entire thread to the Pub, where your comments would have been appropriate, but the topic is important to all divers, so I cleaned it up instead. No malice was involved; only a desire to suppress political commentary in a forum where it is not allowed.

For those wishing to read the original thread, here is the link: Impact of the US Shutdown

I don't necessarily agree that my comments were political but you gotta do what you gotta do. They were somewhat off topic and added commentary. I will give you that. But they weren't political.

You guys/gals typically do a great job so who am I to grumble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom