Suggestion Compile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
andydiver06

andydiver06

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is the best Dive Knowledge Forum in the world. Somebody should start a training section and collect the different inputs provided in this forum and It would make the best dive knowledge base at one place and we don't have to repeat the same topics again and again on this forum.

For Examples topics like:-

Freeflow
Stuck BCD Inflator/Drysuit- Runaway Ascent
DCS
Ascent
Descent
Trim
Weights
BP/W

Good idea, but with repeating topics like
"my reg is the best reg"
"DIR, is it good or the devil incranate"
"mask on forehead,yes or no"
"suicide clips, yes or no"
and lastly "what is the best training agency"

the fun is the entertainment value of the resulting discussions and sometimes not so much the actual feedback...

These discussions are usually similar to "what is the best country in the world" or "what country makes the best beer?". Lots of opinions, no consensus, but lots of fun to discuss.

Hi Alex I understand your point that we will miss all the fun. But a practical knowledge based reference library will be great to have. Don't worry even then lot of people will still ask the same questions in the forum and it will be discussed again in the forum and maybe some new ideas can come up which can be updated in the topic.

andydiver06:
Hi Alex I understand your point that we will miss all the fun. But a practical knowledge based reference library will be great to have. Don't worry even then lot of people will still ask the same questions in the forum and it will be discussed again in the forum and maybe some new ideas can come up which can be updated in the topic.

I totally agree. "If we only knew what we already know" a former CEO of HP said once (or twice). Could be v. useful.
I suppose the search engine is somewhat useful. But a more categorised, indexed system could be quite powerful.
Alex

andydiver06:
Somebody should start a training section and collect the different inputs provided in this forum and It would make the best dive knowledge base at one place and we don't have to repeat the same topics again and again on this forum.
Such a training section may very well collide with the TOS...
TOS:
This is a safety oriented board. While there is a lot to be learned here, we strongly advise against learning how to dive, how to enter an overhead environment or any technical diving on your own. A formal class is the only way to do this safely, and we encourage you to avail yourself of as much training as possible. A competent instructor will be able to see safety concerns that you might miss. Consequently, we forbid our users from promoting such conduct on the board either directly or by implication.

El Orans:
Such a training section may very well collide with the TOS...
El O is correct - we aren't here to substitute for real training.

That said....we do have an area for articles:
http://www.scubaboard.com/cms/

Some topics are covered in depth there and there are current plans to expand the range of articles which could well include some of your suggestions.

AlexMDiver:
Good idea, but with repeating topics like
"my reg is the best reg"
"DIR, is it good or the devil incranate"
"mask on forehead,yes or no"
"suicide clips, yes or no"
and lastly "what is the best training agency"

the fun is the entertainment value of the resulting discussions and sometimes not so much the actual feedback...

These discussions are usually similar to "what is the best country in the world" or "what country makes the best beer?". Lots of opinions, no consensus, but lots of fun to discuss.

Don't forget "snorkel or no snorkel"! :11:

I agree with you all . Formal training cannot replace book knowledge . So It is stupid to try cave/deep/wreck without training. But training does not teach us all the finer points and this board generates lots of good views from very experienced divers. Regarding article section it is currently full of ads. All good sections have 0 articles.
Regarding search "El Orans" I will try your idea of Goodle search on Scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom