Compass Point - GC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about compass point, but, i can vouch for Ocean Frontiers and the diving on the East end. They were great. not afraid to burn a little extra fuel to ensure the best dive spots.
The reef on the east wall far surpassed the diving off 7mb. When we go back, we will focus our trip on the east end for this reason.
Enjoy!

It's been a while since I've been there (5 or 6 years) and pre huricane, but I loved Compass Point and Ocean Frontiers. It was pretty new at the time, I'm not even sure anyone had ever stayed in the room before me. Very upscale and comfortable. Great views, about 40 steps from boat, you never touch your gear after you get there unless you want to.

I agree with dashark, East end diving is much better than 7mb. Only drawbacks at that time were there were only a couple restaurants close by and it was a pretty long drive to the west end, but that may have changed by now. There isn't any shore diving on the east side either, but I was still able to get in 25 dives that week so that wasn't an issue for me.

I've stayed @ Compass Point and dove with Ocean Frontiers. They are tops in every way. Been to Grand Cayman many times and East End is better diving than elsewhere. BTW we did do Babylon off the beach. Heck of a swim. Great wall with tons of black coral.

I was there with my wife last summer. It was great. There is an Italian restaurant a couple of miles away (North I think, but not sure). It is run by Indian or Pakistani folks, and the food is great. There are Italian and curryish types of selections. Both are good. There are not a lot of restaurants around, but most are good. Compass Point is nice, because the kitchens are reasonably well equipped. It is easy to load up on some breakfast stuff and coffee (and lunch supplies, too if you want). The condos are comfortable, and the diving is excellent. You roll out of bed, and on to the boat, dive, sleep, and repeat. Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom