Compass for Oceanic VEO 250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Veo 250 computer and I am considering adding a compass to it. I thought Oceanic sold a compass for it that was able to be added on. However I do not see one on Oceanic's website. Does any one know if you can get a compass that is able to be added to the console. Also if anyone has done it before, what all is involved in the installation of the compass. Is it pretty straightforward??

What console do you have? There are a number of options. If using a console I prefer the navcon boot. This allows me to see the compass and computer at the same time while doing navigation. The swiv setup is not one I'd consider since the option to view both of the aforementioned at the same time is not available. The final option is put the comp in a wrist boot and the compass in one as well.call your oceanic dealer or oceanic themselves and get what you need. Be sure to be specific. The navcon boot is compact, clean, and works really well.

the compass module will fit into your console
Note: I have/had one and what I did not like about the compass is it's indicator, that "arrowhead" is too wide and you have to look at it more closly to follow it
p_gauges_compass_module2.jpg

I find that a line arrow like used on the SK7 compass that I replaced it with is much easier to follow

I have a Veo 250 in a swiv boot. The compass in behind the computer, so the console must be turned upside down for viewing the compass. That said, I have never felt the need to simultaneously view the compass and computer. A wrist rotation gets you from one view to the other just fine, IMHO. If you have difficulty finding a compass, look on Ebay. I have seen all sorts of combinations of gauges, computers and compasses for sale at bargain prices during the last couple of months.

Does the computer just snap on the back of the console where the 3 holes are or do you have to remove the computer from the boot to mount the compass??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom