Compass bezel needed urgently

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

popo's dad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
I need a compass bezel, as mine got lost on a rescue session for my A.I course, i have emailed Mares, i don't hold out much hope of getting a reply, sorry, but it's very difficult trying to find a contact email, 99% of webisites have a contact us button but not mares, anyway i emailed them about a bezel and got an automated response saying they would try to reply with 24 - 48 business hours, not hours but business hours which based on a 9 - 5 day will take about 3 - 6 working days, i've been waiting 6 days now, anyway, my console gauge maybe a mission 3, i'm not sure, it's compact and the only marking is T2 on the spg. How can i get a new bezel? i've asked several dealers and they all say no, i'm in cyprus and if i have to buy a new set on gauges because of this then i won't be buying mares anymore if this is their level of customer service.
Can anyone help???????????

Hi there. I see you are in Italy, so there is not much that I can do from here, other than give you suggestions. Normal protocol is to contact an authorized Mares dealer. They should be able to help you.. If you can't find a store you can then try the route of contacting the manufacturer. Both dealer network and distributer network can be found on the Mares homepage under the "Sales Network" tab at the top of the page. Authorized Dealers - Sales Network - Mares Once you enter this area, you have the two choices.

In general, manufacturers are not infrastructurally set up to work directly at the consumer level. This is a primary function of our dealers. Occasionally under certain circumstances we can help, but it is always best to work with the store first.

I hope this helps.

thanks for the quick standard reply, as i said, i'm in cyprus not Italy, probably a thousand miles apart, i also said i emailed mares 6 days ago with no reply yet, i also said that i've asked several mares dealers with no luck, don't you read the postings? As i said, a standard reply, a compass bezel should be readilly available to buy as i know a lot of people loose them. I see console gauges on ebay for sale with the bezel missing, doesn't that suggest a problem somewhere?

Sorry, I am got side tracked and didn't read through your email completely. I would try again with the dealer.. the part number for the bezel you are looking for is 45200248 and they should be able to order it, unless their distributor does not have it. There also may be circumstances I am unaware of due to their / your location.. It is hard for me to say coming from all the way over here. I hope this helps.

Sorry, I am got side tracked and didn't read through your email completely. I would try again with the dealer.. the part number for the bezel you are looking for is 45200248 and they should be able to order it, unless their distributor does not have it. There also may be circumstances I am unaware of due to their / your location.. It is hard for me to say coming from all the way over here. I hope this helps.

If you search on firefox for mares and that part number you will find one company selling it, and they are out of stock, as a district sales manager you should be able to sort something no matter where you are in the world, i still havent had a reply from my email to mares and i'm going to buy a new console gauge from another company, probably oceanic as they answer emails promptly, and i will make sure my dive centre never buys or stocks mares products again, sorted, thanks for nothing

Hi
I need a compass bezel.... Can anyone help???????????

thanks for the quick standard reply, as i said, i'm in cyprus not Italy, probably a thousand miles apart, i also said i emailed mares 6 days ago with no reply yet, i also said that i've asked several mares dealers with no luck, don't you read the postings?

If you search on firefox for mares and that part number you will find one company selling it, and they are out of stock, as a district sales manager you should be able to sort something no matter where you are in the world, i still havent had a reply from my email to mares and i'm going to buy a new console gauge from another company, probably oceanic as they answer emails promptly, and i will make sure my dive centre never buys or stocks mares products again, sorted, thanks for nothing

You do have an interesting way of asking for help. How is that working out for you?

I tried asking for help and it doesn't work, they don't even read your posting before replying, how hard can it be to get a compass bezel? obviously it's very hard, suunto and oceanic don't have a problem, and mares don't want to know so why should i buy their products again? I buy from companies that i can rely on, it's not rocket science, it's called customer service which a lot of companies seem to have forgotten about, their loss.

Tried that, i prefer a console one, especially when i'm solo diving, much easier and doesn't clutter you're wrists as you're already wearing 2 computers and a slate, and i shouldn't need to buy a new compass when all i need is a simple bezel

Still no reply from mares, let's see how long it takes them. My guess is that they won't reply despite their 24 - 48 business hours reply service on their website. I will give them a few more days before i buy a new oceanic console and then i will never buy mares again. Someone needs to tell them about customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom