Compass - any one use it yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually they put it there because the US law still requires it. The same holds true for requiring an ashtray in the lavatory and that the flight attendants show you how to use that new- fangaled device called a 'seat belt'.

So you don't think it there for loss of electronic navigation ????? I would guess your not a pilot.. As I am one, and know and train on flying without engine and electrical power plus loss of vacuum ... That little compass and a string with a small weight is all a good pilot needs to get home..

Jim...

So you don't think it there for loss of electronic navigation ????? I would guess your not a pilot.. As I am one, and know and train on flying without engine and electrical power plus loss of vacuum ... That little compass and a string with a small weight is all a good pilot needs to get home..

Jim...

If I have a loss of electronic navigation with my Petrel I do what most others do when they can not find the boat. Go to the surface and do a quick search then descend hoping no one saw me :D. If course if I do have a loss of electronic navigation I will likely have a loss of other electronics and will just remain on the surface.

That a side we used the compasses this past week and found them to be very nice. Oddly I wish I could reprogram it to be displayed so the direction (lubber line) was 90 degrees to the right (i.e. down my arm rather than across my wrist). Otherwise I am happy to ditch the analog compass on my wrist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom