Comparison website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rice

Reaction score
I and _many_ other people are looking for digital cameras this christmas.

Do any of you know of a website that has comparison tables of a high percentage of cameras out there? I have several criteria I'm weighing and going through each model of camera is a very time consumong task.

I also don't want to ask dumb or redundant questons on this forum. (the flaming of newbie questions really needs to be discussed here though in another forum)

BUT, if anyone knows of a good camera in the 2-4 megapixel range with at least a 28-x (x being 80 to 150) lens. I understand the limitations of small CCD size with most lenses but I really miss a wide angle in most cameras. I've seen too many people leaning way out of the boat to get everyting in a frame.

Housing availability is a HUGE plus but I'm not expectiong to find that in a table.

My photographic background is extensive.

Thank you for any help!
Sincerely,
Rice

Another good link is imaging resource. They have a side by side "comparator" where you can see actual photos taken by the various cameras side by side. Help you get an idea of the macro capabilities, color saturation, sharpness and other aspects of various cameras without haveing to flip back and forth between reviews.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

later

Steve

If you need to know if and what kind of housing are available for different cameras, check out DigiDeep.

You can also get camera reviews and sample photos from the different cameras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom