comparing 2 masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raposarose

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been looking for a good mask and I am down to two that fit pretty well and that I liked.

These are the Oceanmaster Z2 and the Mares X-vision.

The problem is that my nose is wider then the x-vision nose pocket so it squishes the edges of both nostrils. In all other regards that mask was the nicest fitting one I tried (it feels so lightweight and the range of vision is great).

The oceanmaster z2 seemed great at first but after trying out a friend's x-vision I realize how much less range of vision it has. The purge works well, and it has a nicer strap. It feels sturdier, but a little heavier. No real problems with it.

Both keep the water out and seal well.

Will that nose squishes cause problems after a while, or is it better to just accept the oceanmaster's reduced vision and protect my nose?

(I guess a third option is the cressi big eyes, but I have not tried that in water--though in the store the nose pocket fit better than the mares).

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom