Compare Canon DSLR and Sony A7RII underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim-O

Registered
Reaction score
I am in a unique spot and upgrading cameras/housing. Does anyone have experience with the A7RII and the 5DIV underwater (or 1dxII or even a 5dIII) that could give me a comparison and/or pro/cons for underwater?

I have always shot canon, and love them, but looking to trim a little weight/size from the carry on bag lead me to consider the A7RII.

I have borrowed and shot both above the water, but before I invest in housing, looking for first hand underwater experience?

Anyone use the Metabones adapter w/ Canon Glass on the A7RII underwater? Thoughts?

If you have canon lenses go with the Mk IV. In actual practice with 2 strobes and a focus light and arms you will be saving precious little weight and you will have one of the world's best autofocus systems. The A&RII just doesn't focus in the same league as the Canon and if you try to use Canon lenses on the A7 then it gets even worse.

IQ is comparable, so stick with Canon in my opinion.
Bill

Thanks Bill... I am leaning pretty hard in that direction.

Out of curiousity - have you played with the Sony much?

I did and tried to use it with the Gen 4 adapter and the Canon 100 macro. Painfully slow, but very nice quality when it actually focused.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom