Compair Reavell (Mako) 5406 Compressor Broken Cooling Fan Blades

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lloyd_borrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
G'day,

The drive belts on our Compair Reavell (Mako) 5406 compressor jumped off the flywheel and broke off ALL the 10 cooling fan blades.

Does anyone know where we might be able to get new fan blades?

In the parts manual they are listed as:
Item G2 - Fan Blade - Red
10 per machine
5406 / 5406E / 5406EH Part No - 9804/1008

Cast into the fan blade holder is:
Breeza
London Fan Co

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett
The Scuba Doctor Australia
fan-blades-01.jpg
fan-blades-02.jpg
fan-blades-03.jpg

That sucks. Any Reavell or Mako dealer can get them for you.

Here are 2 American dealers that have them:
Breathing Air Concepts, info@breathingairconcepts.com, they are in Key Largo, USA

Survival Air Systems, sasinfo@survivalairsystems.com, in Lake Jackson, TX, USA.

Both companies routinely ship overseas.

You will likely get black ones, a little longer than the red ones. I cut them with a chop saw with a new blade.

honestly, I wouldn't bother replacing it if the parts are even remotely hard to get where you are. I would remove the stubs of the old blades so you don't affect the balance and mount it back. Mount an electric fan to the fan cover. It will be quieter and move more air over the compressor, but also allow you to keep the air moving over the pump after it gets shut off.
Can use a car fan, or heck, probably go to your local hardware store and get a cheap floor fan that is roughly the right diameter. Remove one side of the shroud so you can mount it to the existing shroud and off you go. Much better solution than a direct drive fan in my opinion, and likely much cheaper than replacing those blades

That sucks. Any Reavell or Mako dealer can get them for you.

Here are 2 American dealers that have them:
Breathing Air Concepts, info@breathingairconcepts.com, they are in Key Largo, USA

Survival Air Systems, sasinfo@survivalairsystems.com, in Lake Jackson, TX, USA.

Both companies routinely ship overseas.

You will likely get black ones, a little longer than the red ones. I cut them with a chop saw with a new blade.

Thanks Frank, I'll look into those options.

honestly, I wouldn't bother replacing it if the parts are even remotely hard to get where you are. I would remove the stubs of the old blades so you don't affect the balance and mount it back. Mount an electric fan to the fan cover. It will be quieter and move more air over the compressor, but also allow you to keep the air moving over the pump after it gets shut off.
Can use a car fan, or heck, probably go to your local hardware store and get a cheap floor fan that is roughly the right diameter. Remove one side of the shroud so you can mount it to the existing shroud and off you go. Much better solution than a direct drive fan in my opinion, and likely much cheaper than replacing those blades

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom