Comming to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sglake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone ! Well my daughter and I are heded to Florida tomorrow ! I have job interviews set up in Ft. Myers and sarasota for the 28th and 30th so hopefully something will happen there ! We are going to try to get a dive in somewhere there that week too ! Any suggestions ? Also hopefully in the next month I will ask you guys if I could officially join your group and be a conch diver too !!! I've had fun reading all the threads and participating a bit. It looks like there is a great group of people here ! See ya soon , Scott

sglake:
Hello everyone ! Well my daughter and I are heded to Florida tomorrow ! I have job interviews set up in Ft. Myers and sarasota for the 28th and 30th so hopefully something will happen there ! We are going to try to get a dive in somewhere there that week too ! Any suggestions ? Also hopefully in the next month I will ask you guys if I could officially join your group and be a conch diver too !!! I've had fun reading all the threads and participating a bit. It looks like there is a great group of people here ! See ya soon , Scott

Scott,
Welcome to Florida!!! I'll see you at a future Conch gathering. Are you going to be teaching or have a real paying job? (I'd love to teach for a living, but the LDS' in this area have forgotten who trains their new customers, and the influence we have on their future equipment purchases.)

Looking forward to meeting you!!!

Al

Hey Good Luck with the Interviews :51: Everyone is welcome to the FCD Section. I work during the week but several here have time off so hopefully you can find a dive or two. The nice thing is that's it's only about two hours to the other coast so there may be a few Conchers there willing to help out :wink:

Wildbill:cop_2:

Welcome to Florida. Good luck in the interviews and we hope to see you at a Conch party soon!!!

Scuba_Dad:
Scott,
Welcome to Florida!!! I'll see you at a future Conch gathering. Are you going to be teaching or have a real paying job? (I'd love to teach for a living, but the LDS' in this area have forgotten who trains their new customers, and the influence we have on their future equipment purchases.)

Looking forward to meeting you!!!

Al
Thanks everyone ! Yes as muh as I would like to be an instructor for a living I also have the urge to eat and sleep under some sort of shelter so real employment is what i'll be doing !!! Hope to meet alot of you over the next few months , weeks , years ! I don't think I'll need the ice dive instructor cert card down there, do you ? Take care , Scott

Welcome to Fort Myers. I moved here about two years ago from Indiana and it is the best decision I have ever made.

You will probabaly need to jump to the east coast to dive this week. I live on Ft. Myers Beach and can tell you the water is a mess right now. I would guess last weekend the vis is less than six feet, and last night it rained a tonn and the wind howled around 30 knots for hours.

Good luck withthe move. You wont regret it.

sglake:
Thanks everyone ! Yes as muh as I would like to be an instructor for a living I also have the urge to eat and sleep under some sort of shelter so real employment is what i'll be doing !!! Hope to meet alot of you over the next few months , weeks , years ! I don't think I'll need the ice dive instructor cert card down there, do you ? Take care , Scott
I kinda like not having a "real job"... and since it doesn't get very cold down here, you really don't need much in the way of shelter (once you get used to the mosquitos). You'd be suprised how well one can sleep after putting in 10-12 hours a day just "living the dream". Which reminds me... my roof needs replacing. Anybody got a big cardboard box you're not using?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom