Commercial Diver Pre-Dive Beverage Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSProScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was curious how many of you guys are slamming energy drinks, IE: Red Bull, RipIt's, Monster, etc.......

I know most of you prefer something with alcohol in it though, :)

Why would someone risk the bends with a vasoconstrictor such as caffeine?
I say this yet I love energy drinks.

Coffe before and coffee after.

The tender is expected to have a steaming cup of Java to hand the Diver as he exists the decompression chamber. :wink:

That depends, but usually just water. If it's a cold dive, a tepid temperature liquid like weak tea is often used. Vasoconstrictors like coffee and energy drinks tend to increase blood pressure, something Supervisors should prohibit after saturation or long decompression diving.

Have any of you all tried DiversD\Lyte? I did and I love it...... No crash like with coffee or energy drinks..... You mix it with water and pound it..... Tastes decent too and works great as a hangover cure the next morning when you went out and really shouldn't have, LOL!!!

Let me know what you think......I don't spear fish without it....and always when doing public safety diving....

Let me know what you think......I don't spear fish without it

Would it also work when doing video, they both involve stalking fish and getting close enough for a shot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom