Comments on this reg would be appreciated!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Sherwood Oasis and and Apeks ATX50 Dx4. They are both very reliable.
The Sherwood cost 50% less than the Apeks for service. I can't comment on the performance of the blizzard but long term the Sherwoods save you money on tune ups.
Good luck with your selections.

scuba newbie:
Hello all!! I plan on purchasing the Sherwood Blizzard and would like opinions/comments on it, pros or cons. Are there any other regs in the same price range that I should consider, I've been researcing and am leaning towards this one. I will be diving Ontario in summers and Florida in winters. Thank you for your input.

Hello Newbie.
I think you are going in the right direction.
I have been servicing and diving with sherwood since 93.
For a piston first stage they are one of the best.
Easy service and reliability are thier benifits.
I have a Sherwood first stage with a Oden Jetstream second stage.
I also have a Mares MR12 with a enviromental kit first stage that has a Sherwood Magnum second stage. These are my primary regs.
I like the Mares best for a diaphram type reg.
They have been in every type of condition. a max. depth of 235 feet, 4 hours dives in 28f. water in 13 knot current, and have never failed.
My stage bottles have sherwood bruts.
I also use a healthways sonic for my suit inflation
I met a guy in Nova Scotia, when I was there, that has a old style brut first stage attached to a posedion full face mask.
He came out of the water and said that his reg stopped giving him air. I asked him when was the last time he had the reg serviced.
He told me that it was never serviced, and that he bought it 12 years ago.
I asked him if he wanted me to take it home and have a look at it.
He sad yes, and I did.
The intake filter was green with salt with very little air flow, the O-Ring around the base of the piston had embeded itself into the walls of the chamber, because of lack of lubricant, and salt crystals fell out when I took it apart.
Yes it did look like it was 12 years worth of diving!
It took 2 days of soaking to clean the reg.
After I changed the o-rings, seat and lubricated it.
It worked like a charm.
Also all the parts are in one repair kit.
If a reg can take that kind of abuse and still bounce back
They must be doing some thing right
hopes this helps

Back
Top Bottom