Comments & input for the new sticky here :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Spot" focus vs "iESP".

SeaYoda:
"Spot" focus vs "iESP".

:11::11::11::11::11:

Yoda's got a new mask :).

Thought I'd spiff up a little.
First change in my avatar since I joined. Photoshop skills have improved a little since then :D.

That is another area for the sticky - editing software. My pics all need at least sharpening and a little color balance. I did not realize how much digital underwater pics need adjusting when I first bought my camera. I thought editing programs were for making projects and such - not for "darkroom developing" that compliments the camera work.

I think editing software is crucial when it comes to getting the best out of your pics.
The difference between my photos before and after editing can be amazing sometimes.

I think this is especially important for those shooting with just manual WB or the internal flash (like myself).

Levels, curves, contrast, adjust hue/saturation, cloning out backscatter, cropping if necessary, sharpening etc. are all important parts of the workflow of editing a pic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom