Coming September 15, 2017: The Lost Intruder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@settingthehookPete Pete really good book. You made it real for me, for sure. Thread needs a bump too.

@settingthehookPete Pete really good book. You made it real for me, for sure. Thread needs a bump too.

Yup. I read it too. Good story that moves along well. Even bought a second copy and had it sent to a good friend who was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's. It helped me a lot in my understanding of his condition. Thanks for the honest sharing of your odyssey.

Without giving anything away, it seemed to me that the Navy never really wanted to find the "missing" plane and have to deal with a true salvage operation. Instead, they at least had to make a show of it for the sake of the taxpayers before leaving it to rot on the bottom.

Yup. I read it too. Good story that moves along well. Even bought a second copy and had it sent to a good friend who was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's. It helped me a lot in my understanding of his condition. Thanks for the honest sharing of your odyssey.

Without giving anything away, it seemed to me that the Navy never really wanted to find the "missing" plane and have to deal with a true salvage operation. Instead, they at least had to make a show of it for the sake of the taxpayers before leaving it to rot on the bottom.

You may be right or it might have simply gotten too hard to find in light of expectations having crashed so close to shore (about 4 miles). Perhaps it's best, in the end, to take the Navy at its word when they wrote: "Further search is futile and cost prohibitive." Thanks for the feedback; I really appreciate it! -Peter

Please join me for two presentations at the "Our World Underwater dive and travel expo," February 17 & 18 2018, Chicago.
February 17, 10:00 am: "The Lost Intruder"
February 18, 10:00 am: "Beyond Artifacts: the Andrea Doria before Technical Diving"

Please email me if your organization wishes to host a "The Lost intruder" presentation, particularly if you are located in the Pacific Northwest.
http://www.peterhuntbooks.com
peter@peterhuntbooks.com

Also the Lone Star Dive & Travel Expo in Dallas, Jan. 27 & 28, same times and presentation line up as Chicago.

Please join me for a presentation on "The Lost Intruder" at the Boston Sea Rovers annual convention at 1:00, Saturday, March 10, at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore. Thank you! Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom