Coming out to Charleston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't speak from experience in that area, but by reputation that stretch of the East Coast is a wreck haven - the real wrecks too!

I dove of of Charleston 2 weeks ago with Charleston Scuba.
http://www.charlestonscuba.com/
Dive company was great. Rented my tanks from them (steel 100's)
Vis was about 20 to 30 ft. The temp was nice on the top, but dropped down at about 40 ft.
20 mile boat ride out to site was tough. I didn't know that I could get sick so many times.
Jim Breslin

Empty, Right now the water temps on the surface are 84 and about 75 at 50'. There are a bunch of artificial reefs. Look at SCDNR for locations. You'll get 40-70+' vis deeper.

You need to change your avatar! today.

ssflounder:
Empty, Right now the water temps on the surface are 84 and about 75 at 50'. There are a bunch of artificial reefs. Look at SCDNR for locations. You'll get 40-70+' vis deeper.

You need to change your avatar! today.

Thanks for the info, sounds like my 3mm full suit will do me some good. No thanks for the suggestion, with this avatar the ladies flock to me.

Billy

I might make it down to dive on the 29th or 30th. I've been out w/ Charleston Scuba as well. They are a pretty good opp. Just make sure you check their calendar and I woulnd't go out on the OW student days. I think the more advanced sites are listed in blue on the site. Anyway, the wrecks out there are pretty cool. They actually have a pretty big articifial reef program in SC. They have a bunch of sunken armored personnel carriers, a NYC subway, and some other interstesting stuff out there. You can also go north about an hour to Murrell's inlet, further north to Myrtle Beach, or even further north to Wilmingston for some great wreck diving. Wilmington is my favorite, about 2 hrs north of Charleston. Another "must" for Charleston is some Cooper River diving. Tons of meg teeth and artifacts get churned up in that river. Just have to watch for the gators :).

I just called and I think I might stay for Friday and Saturday diving. Limestone reefs on Friday ($95) and supposedly 2 awesome wreck on Saturday($115). I'd really like a solid, safe dive buddy if anyone is interested. What's your deal Battle2a5, wanna roll out?

Billy

Billy- give me a couple of days and I'll let you know for sure. I have to check on a few things but I should be able to swing it. If you promise to wear that little number in your avatar that would certainly sweeten the deal :). PM me your contact details and I'll email you mid-week.

Ryan

Back
Top Bottom