Coming From Socal To Sofla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalRich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings Florida key divers. 5-28 to 6-4 diving from Islamorada. Several of dives opts to choose from, But I kinda like the 6 pack boats. I found Sea Monkeys dive opt at MM80. I staying at MM85.5. Any suggestions for other 6 pack options? in that area? Also looking for dive buddies. My cert. level DM in training 202 dives.

Thanks in advance
SoCalRich

Hi, you're going to love the Keys! I like diving with Conch Republic Divers, not a six-pack but their small boat is not crowded, especially if you dive during the weekdays.

My favorite six packs are Quiesscence and Silent World.

last I heard no NITROX @ sea monkeys(deal killer for this diver!). agree with previous posts, avoid the weekends(weather permitting) and even if you dive on a cattle boat, the six packs are often tied up to the adjacent mooring ball,,,,,,,key dives and islamorada dive center are close by. I'd also consider during your week, diving further north offshore key largo/Tavernier with the previously mentioned operators and others recommended in this forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Last edited:
SoCalRich, even if we don't get to dive together, let's do happy hour, contact me when the time gets closer. I love meeting other ScubaBoard members. I used to live in Fort Lauderdale and I probably met literally hundreds of SB folks from all over the world.

I grew up in SoCal, my father was a certified diver back in the day, he used to dive Catalina with his buddies.

Another vote for Conch Republic Divers. Another vote for Debby with a y. There are lots of dive shops and dive boats to choose from, call around and have a plan before you arrive. You'll be staying in the middle of Islamorada, and dive ops are on both ends and in the middle. My 2psi.

DC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom