Comal Bright and early Sat. Whose comin!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBARACER

Reaction score
Whose comin!?

I am, and ZenSquirrel is.

I figure DW will too since, he always comes!

I can pick up just about anyone in Austin if no one has room in their vehicle.

So there is 3 seats left in my truck for any Austinites who need a ride.

We meet at the usual Burger King at say around.... 10:30 am!

I don't understand your reply, but if your asking what time would I like to leave town, that would be 9:30-9:45, so if ya want a ride, just say so! :)

I'll be up there but with my GF doin the family thing. I might sneek my gear into the car and see what happens......:D

I am putting together a team (and I still have openings) and we are meeting at Dive Texas dive shop on 620 & 2222 at 8:30 AM and caravaning down. Any and all Austin diver's that want to join us are welcome. Three years ago, one of my team members won the grand prize and I am hoping that we will be most fortunate again this year. If you need any additional information, please see their web site at www.trashfest.org or call the shop at 267-8131. I am looking forward to this dive and meeting other fellow Austinite divers.

polkster13 once bubbled...
If you need any additional information, please see their web site at www.trashfest.org or call the shop at 267-8131.

$14/person, 8 to a team, only 6 can be divers, bring your own bag to put junk in, and you _might_ win a t-shirt. BBQ is provided. That about the size of it?

They should schedule this farther from the travis clean-up. That way, it's not fresh in everyones mind that for $0, they cleaned the lake and got a T-shirt + lunch. Oh, LCRA provided the bags too.

Actually, it is $15.00 per diver. I think the two land crew members is $10.00, but I may be wrong on that. This entry fee helps to pay for a great Bar-B-Que dinner that is SOOOOOO much better than the hot dogs and burgers you get at the LCRA Lake Travis event. You also get to do two dives in a four hour window whereas the LCRA event is designed to maybe get in one dive. Also, the prizes are MUCH better. One year they gave away a trip for TWO, Air Fare INCLUDED for a Live-a-board for 10 Days in Palau!!! That prize alone was worth over $8,000 dollars (that's 8 thousand dollars!). I have been at least 6 times and they give away usually over twenty dive trips around the world (Red Sea, Hawaii, Palau, Belize, Cayman, Cancun, etc. etc. etc.) but they vary from year-to-year. It usually takes at least and hour and a half (sometimes more) to give away all of the prizes. Is it worth paying the $15.00 entry fee? I think so but your mileage may vary. Is it a fun dive, you betcha ya!

And yes I do support and have dove the Lake Travis cleanup for many years as well. Yes you don't have to pay an entry fee to dive the LCRA event, but with the boat trip you usually only get in a brief dive. I was able to fill two bags of trash and could have filled five more but they made us stop collecting so we could get back to Carlos and Charlies in time for the lunch meal.

So it is up to you to decide if paying $15.00 dollars is worth the admission price. I also think this is the Gulf Council's main fund raiser. If you are from the Austin Area and would like to join a team, meet us at 8:30 AM in front of Dive Texas on 620 and 2222.

Well, Friday AM I blew out my back in a freak accident and Saturday morning I could barely stand up. With the prescription medication I was on I didn't think it was safe to drive much less dive. I was still going to go and kind of help out on the bank (the wife would have done all of the driving) but my dive partner called that morning and said she was coming down with a head cold she had picked up from her SO. The wife didn't want to go after that so I stayed home in bed the whole day. I really missed not being able to go this year. Did any others make it? Did anyone from Austin win any of the big prizes? How was the diving?

If my back cooperates this week, I am hoping to go out to Lake Travis this weekend and get in a couple of dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom