Colorado Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So have been in Estes Park last few days. Tried to dive Lake Estes and Lake Mary. Got to meet the local police. :( Seems these lakes are off limits. Looked at going to the West side but Trail Ridge was closed. Talked to someone at Lake Granby and they did not think you could dive here either. Looks like a great big lake along with Shallow Lake and Lake Grambie. Is this a good dive opportunity? :D We are looking at buying a home here but if I can't dive may have to look elsewhere. :blinking:

Diving in Colorado is tough as you have found out many dont allow it. The mountain lakes we in Denver go to are Turquoise and Twin lakes in Leadville, Jefferson in Jefferson, and there are a few more around but to find info on any of these on the web is pointless for diving. Look at Colorado Scuba Retailers Association for some local(Denver) areas. Others may have more input.

Sad part is there are some mountain lakes that have great vis that they wont even let people swim in, fishing boats only.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if you can dive in Ruedi Reservoir outside of Basalt, Colorado?

It's been a long time since I've been to Ruedi, but it seems to me that the road that goes around the lake is up above the lake and don't remember alot of places you could get your vehicle into, other than the marina. It is also at some serious altitude and a long ass drive. If you do go there make sure you bring a fly rod and fish the frying pan just below the damn.

Bruce

Bruce,

My family has a cabin nearby and I usually go up a couple times a year. I have been wanting to check out the east end of the reservoir where the Frying Pan flows into the reservoir to see the trout from a different point of view.

Thanks,

Ryan

Not sure that stream would be considered the frying pan. I have fished that stream however and as a matter of fact it was the first stream I caught a fish on a fly. That was a long time ago. There is a great campground up there. Yeah I suppose you could get access to the lake on that side. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom