Color Correction in Adobe Premiere Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yceltikci:
Unfortunately, it's not there. I think I have an incomplete distribution.

the AUTO LEVEL isn't there for me either, but this discussion has led me to LEVELS and there IS 'kindOf' an AUTOLEVEL

drag the LEVEL to the clip and then click the little ICON that is on the same line as the word LEVELS - this is the SETUP. work through the the 3 channels and drag the ARROWS so that they are pointing to all portions of the shown graph. this has really helped level out the clip. - very nice

meekal:
the AUTO LEVEL isn't there for me either, but this discussion has led me to LEVELS and there IS 'kindOf' an AUTOLEVEL

drag the LEVEL to the clip and then click the little ICON that is on the same line as the word LEVELS - this is the SETUP. work through the the 3 channels and drag the ARROWS so that they are pointing to all portions of the shown graph. this has really helped level out the clip. - very nice

Auto Color (and Auto Contrast and Auto Levels) is in my PP 1.5 as well. I thought for a minute it might be from Cineform (as both Wags and I have that installed) - but I just verified it is from Adobe.

Always something new to learn with Premier...

I use the 'Levels' tool, and correct the Red channel by sampling white. Do the white slate trick once you get to depth. If you cant hit white balance on your camera (which I cant) just shoot a second or so of white in the frame for reference. Then add the Levels filter to the video in Premiere. In setup, pull down the list to Red Channel (not RGB) and select the highlight dropper ( the white one on the right) and click in the center of your slate. You should get balanced neutral color like this. If it is still a little green do the same thing to the Blue and Green channels respectively. I have attached a few pictures that I did in this manner. works for me 99% of the time. you may have to correct clips shot at different depths separately.

Or... go to a camera shop and get a correcting filter and place it inside the housing in front of your lens. Color correcting adds a lot of time to your editing when it comes time to render the final product. :wink:

mrkrag:
Or... go to a camera shop and get a correcting filter and place it inside the housing in front of your lens. Color correcting adds a lot of time to your editing when it comes time to render the final product. :wink:

:wink: Frankly, this is what I do for now. I found a color correction filter of an old Nikonos V photo camera. It's size is larger than my video lens but with some help of BlueTack, I managed to attach it to my system. Then I switched my WhiteBalance to "Outdoor". My combination is now nearly perfect regarding my setup...:) I'm quite satisfied.

Anyway I'll try all the tricks you have mentioned.

Thanx guys, you've helped me a lot!!!

Best wishes,
Yener

yceltikci:
Most of the controls I discovered are crap! If anybody knows how, please share it with us...

I'm looking for input. I'm looking into writing a "plug in" video effect that would do CC (not for Adobe but for Cinelerra) The available CC is not really designed for UW work.
(Yes I know it should be done in-camera but it will never be perfect.) If I cut between shoots take on different days the
change in color balance is a bit of a visual shock even if
both were "correct" soI thnk you will always need post productn CC for color continueity

I'll start the list of desired features:

1) Point to some point(s) on the picture and "name" the color(s). So in effect you are saysing "this is white", this is black" and "this is some specific shade of orange"

2) The above xcan be repeted at some other frame so that we build up a list a CC "key frames"

3) control not just the RGB levels but the shape of the correction function.. Gamma control?

4) can save/reload a CC setup across edit sessions

6) ????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom