Colona Vs. Mermaid II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard back from my friend who went on both the Colona and the Mermaid last November. Here is a copy/paste from his reply. Quote:

"mate , there is no comparison at all - pay the extra cash and get onboard mermaid II. on the colona, its slower much rockier (i thought we were going to sink on the first night), crew isn't as good and the boat is about a two star compared with the five star of mermaid II there should be no choice required here - its a given, mermaid II"

Cheers,

Billfish

Thanks for all your help guys!!

I chose the Mermaid II for the 6 day trip. Both boats look good, but the mermaid fit our schedule better.

One last question. I would like to bring an underwater camera, do any of you know if the Mermaid has elecatrical outlets in each room, or on the boat at all? I need to plug in my battery charger.

Thanks

I forgot to ask what kind of electrical outlets they are.....

220V, but is it a 2 prong or 3 prong socket? Flat or round? I might need an adapter.

Thanks

Good on ya Cando. You'll love the Mermaid II.

The boat has North American style, flat, two prong outlets in each room. I believe they are 220 volts. I wasn't really concerned with the voltage because my adapter handles both 110 and 220. Yours probably does, too. It should be written on it.

Have a great time. When are you going?

Billfish

Thanks.....I'm going on the 6 day trip from April 7-14, cant wait!!!!

So the outlets are actually north american style?? Wow, great, now i dont have to buy an adapter

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom