Collapsable Snorkel Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cabana77

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can anybody recommend a good collapsable snorkel? I certainly understand the need for a snorkel, especially in choppy water when you need to swim out to a mooring line. I just hate having it clipped to my mask all the time. Is there a good option for having one handy in your BCD to use only when needed?

Thanks a lot.
Cabana

I'll second the Snap. I also have a folding one from Sherwood and have used that but it breathes wet.

I just ordered the Oceanic Pocket Snorkel, myself.

Many people don't know this, but the new Tusa Platina II HyperDry snorkels fold up nicely, although they're not being marketed as folding snorkels. Just make sure it's the new line, and not one of the old ones before you try to bend it in half. ;-) And they're just about the best snorkel made on the market at any price, IMO.

Second vote for the US Diver Aqualung SNAP snorkel. Both my wife and I got them in 2005. There if you need them but otherwise not in the way.

'Slogger

I keep an Aqualung Snap in my BC pocket, but I hope I never have to use it - it is not a very good snorkel. If you want a snorkel to actually use swimming on the surface, the Oceanic one mentioned above looks better.

cabana77:
Can anybody recommend a good collapsable snorkel? I certainly understand the need for a snorkel, especially in choppy water when you need to swim out to a mooring line. I just hate having it clipped to my mask all the time. Is there a good option for having one handy in your BCD to use only when needed?

Thanks a lot.
Cabana

I have used the Akona folding, two broken so far, not buying another.
The snap is OK, but more like a toy to me than a real snorkel.
Just bought the Apollo and love it, folds in thirds, pops back in shape looking like it was never folded and at the surface it's as good as any of the non-folding I have used.

Back
Top Bottom