Colder water wetsuit options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula:
If you only expect to dive 2 or 3 times in that temperature range, layer the items you have. It will be more important to be able to get dry and warm between dives.

Thanks Paula,

I'll probably only have time for 1 day of diving :( So 2-3 dives at most... I usually only do 1 dive per day here at home... 3 times per week if possible :wink:

Aloha, Tim

For that few of dives, layer and be done with it. Sounds like you have at least a start. Don't throw good money after bad.

Your thinner blood will play a bit with how cold you get as well. With the 5mm combo that you mentioned in your first post you should be fine.

Sounds like you got your questions answered. I've made several dives in a 7mil wetsuit here in the PNW, before buying a drysuit. Diving wasn't as uncomfortable as the surface interval was.

Looks like you've got it figured out. If you don't fit into an XXL I doubt you get cold easy. But still 45F is #$%@ cold But worth it. There is as much to see as in the tropics but everything is camouflage not the bright colors of HI. Hopefully budies will point out many all but invisable critters. I plan on heading up north sometime too but _after_ i buy the drysuit.

kidspot:
Thanks Chris,

I currently use a triple-l 3 mil (stock suit) and really like it... but it's tight and the largest size they make - so I know a 7mil from them will NOT fit, expecially over anything else. My current boots are 7mil, so I'm assuming they will be fine. And I use XXL jets with lots of extra room if I do go larger boots :wink:

As to plan B - I would hope to have it by September so I'd have 3 months to work out issues with it..

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom