Cold Water Diving Kit Oil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArthurGerla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My current 1st stage regulator is a Mares MRX12 with Cold Water Diving Kit. This CWDK is filled with a special mineral oil, a bit of which is lost every time I service the regulator. Mares doesn't supply the oil without a new CWDK. Can anyone point me to a supplier in Europe or the US? Or maybe reveal the specs of the stuff?

TIA,

Art

I had a CWDK installed on a Mares Ruby a few months ago, the 'oil' is 'silicone oil' , and the bottle seems to hold enough 'oil' for maybe 2 'fills' or so........ I think I was told this 'oil' can be purchased as a separate item without buying the whole kit, but again it's been a few months ago so I don't want to promise that's true.......I assume you could always research other scuba gear brands and maybe buy the silicone oil from another scuba brand if needed, I doubt it has to be Mares-brand silicone oil.

Karl

Hi Karl,

I assume you could always research other scuba gear brands and maybe buy the silicone oil from another scuba brand if needed, I doubt it has to be Mares-brand silicone oil.

Well, the problem is that manufacturers shy away from selling servicing materials to private individuals. LDSes ditto. Maintaining your own reg isn't rocket science, but there is a perceived risk. So no oil through official channels.

Art

Back
Top Bottom