Cold feet during surface interval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get yourself a camp chair for the BBQ
Stand or put your feet on a closed cell camping pad

Problem solved or vastly reduced

Reactions: Ana
DO NOT USE THESE

Many many people have burned themselves with these iron based heaters. They are activated by oxygen, higher ppO2 = more heat. If you are using nitrox on a 30m you will get burned and/or melt your undergarments.

These are a huge no no for any deep diving or if nitrox is used as a suit gas. BEWARE, you have been warned.

Good point.

My post states specifically "after getting out of the water"...I did however fail to mention they should be removed before re-entry.

-Z

Similar to above, take along a closed-cell foam camping pad and place your feet on it while seated or standing. You can cut it to the right size to fit in a dive bag yet provide enough surface area to move around a bit when laid out.
Get yourself a camp chair for the BBQ
Stand or put your feet on a closed cell camping pad

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Topside winter boots have insulated soles, drysuit boots don't. You need some extra insulation under your feet to stop the heat draining from your feet.

It's a well-known trick among ice fishermen to bring a styrofoam sheet to put your feet on, whether you're sitting or standing.

Back
Top Bottom