cold diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the regs mentioned will be great for coldwater, but California is definetely not cold water. If you are worried about cold water, you should be thinking about temperatures in the low 40s or lower. Otherwise any reg will do.

I swear by my Mares Proton Ice and Ice Octo. If you are going to get a reg that is the one to get.

Go for the Apeks ATX50, an outstanding cold water reg and not that expensive. Don't go for any of the more expensive models as there isn't much difference.

oscar_2424:
hi am going next week to peru in south america and plan to do a lot of diving there, i have been told that the water is cold pretty much like california if not colder, does anubody knows any regs for cold diving, the only one i heard is the mares proton ice thank for the help
california isn't really cold. you should be fine with any major manufacturer. sealed first is a must.i like oceanic.they meet the criteria for a reliable manufacturer of life support systems(not too many people croaked breathing through them) and they're made in the U.S.A.can't beat that with a stick.i'm sure Mares,Zeagle, Sherwood or Atomic et. al. will do just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom