Coincidence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Funny coincidences always give me the idea that it's a kind of hint.

Today I had to go somewhere in the car and noticed a kind of grinding sound coming from the left rear brake. I thought "I should get that looked at in the near future".

Well, the near future is going to be next week because about 1/2 hour after I got home someone ran into my car while it was parked in front of the house. It wouldn't surprise me at all after this if there turns out to be something seriously wrong with the brakes.

Is it coincidence or is someone looking out for me?

R..

Ahhh yes, this is another way us humans rationalize events in our lives to mean more than what they really do.

Now if the person who hit your car said...well, i figured you had a car issue anyway and this would speed things up...well, now thats a different story. :)

jepuskar:
Ahhh yes, this is another way us humans rationalize events in our lives to mean more than what they really do.

Now if the person who hit your car said...well, i figured you had a car issue anyway and this would speed things up...well, now thats a different story. :)

Well, that's true. I'm kind of caught between that thought and another one. I guess it sounds funny but for various reasons I'm absolutely convinced that not all coincidences.... are ....

This, on the other hand, was probably a coincidence but I'm always left wondering....

R..

Diver0001:
Well, the near future is going to be next week because about 1/2 hour after I got home someone ran into my car while it was parked in front of the house.
It was probably done by somebody who lurks here on SB... :)

El Orans:
It was probably done by somebody who lurks here on SB... :)

I sure hope not..... :wink:

Actually the guy came around and filled in the forms. He's ok. Just never learned how to drive his car backwards on a one-way street.

R..

I don't know about this particular incident, but I've had too many weird coincidences in my life not to suspect that some are more than chance.

When I sat for my oral boards in surgery, I got a LOT of advice not to try to study for them. Basically, if you didn't know it by then, you weren't going to know it by cramming. I tried to follow the advice, but the night before the test, I panicked. I grabbed my big surgical textbook and let it fall open, and began reading about a particular type of rare liver tumor. I read for a half hour and fell asleep.

The next morning, the first question I was asked had to do with the management of that exact rare liver tumor. That's just too weird for me.

I've had that happen a number of times at work, too -- read an article about something, it shows up the next day. Sometimes the universe IS looking out for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom