Cocoview 26 Aug-02 Sep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMyMyOHellYes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody ??? Bueller ??? Bueller ????? Anybody ?????

Just wonderin'

SB is my fave, but CCV info? Try Facebook for “CocoView Divers”

My group will be at CCV the FIRST week in August. My first time there!

@Doc , my wife and I have wanted to give CCV a try ever since we gave AKR a try almost 10 years ago.

Both A level resorts, top 2 on Roatan.

I dove with AKR many times, eaten there, toured the rooms. They fixed my biggest negative- no longer need to climb 67 steps to get to meals.

In some 55+ dive weeks on Roatan, i’ve always slept at CCV.

The all but incredible repeat customer numbers say more than anyone’s words.

I do ponder over the rare negative commentaries that decry the fact that the place is precisely as advertised.

We watched a lady bring 5 cases of bottled water in her luggage.

One couple? He would dive 5, sometimes 6 a day, would have eaten in his rash guard, but his wife “dressed for dinner”, long dress, hair-do, all that. She also brought a case of wine, so there’s that.

The resort once accepted a wedding party of Hollywood denizens. Never ever again! It disrupted the dive process.

CCV was offered the “Love in Paradise” type reality show, the producers skipped the oddly named Fantasy Island next door, but CCV said, no thanks. Stay with the plan- diving.

You meet lifelong friends at CCV. Everybody smells the same after a short time. The great equalizer- nitrogen.

The Caribbean doesn’t have the world’s best diving. The specific South side zone around CCV has the best diving in the Bay Islands. Spectacular macro, very shallow.

That said, the CCV presentation of a resort facility and dive op service is top flight by any world standard. No, it is not The Ritz. It is a real-deal dive resort, no excuses offered or needed.

I don’t bother to bring my own gear. The rental from Dockside Dive Center features perfect equipment, i bring school supplies for the local kids instead.

I was once there for a two week trip and never took a dive boat. Exclusively shore diving.

My wife knows where off of CCV to sprinkle my ashes. Yes, it’s home. You’ll have that feeling, likely during your very first week’s visit.

Enjoy.

Both A level resorts, top 2 on Roatan.

I dove with AKR many times, eaten there, toured the rooms. They fixed my biggest negative- no longer need to climb 67 steps to get to meals.

In some 55+ dive weeks on Roatan, i’ve always slept at CCV.

The all but incredible repeat customer numbers say more than anyone’s words.

I do ponder over the rare negative commentaries that decry the fact that the place is precisely as advertised.

We watched a lady bring 5 cases of bottled water in her luggage.

One couple? He would dive 5, sometimes 6 a day, would have eaten in his rash guard, but his wife “dressed for dinner”, long dress, hair-do, all that. She also brought a case of wine, so there’s that.

The resort once accepted a wedding party of Hollywood denizens. Never ever again! It disrupted the dive process.

CCV was offered the “Love in Paradise” type reality show, the producers skipped the oddly named Fantasy Island next door, but CCV said, no thanks. Stay with the plan- diving.

You meet lifelong friends at CCV. Everybody smells the same after a short time. The great equalizer- nitrogen.

The Caribbean doesn’t have the world’s best diving. The specific South side zone around CCV has the best diving in the Bay Islands. Spectacular macro, very shallow.

That said, the CCV presentation of a resort facility and dive op service is top flight by any world standard. No, it is not The Ritz. It is a real-deal dive resort, no excuses offered or needed.

I don’t bother to bring my own gear. The rental from Dockside Dive Center features perfect equipment, i bring school supplies for the local kids instead.

I was once there for a two week trip and never took a dive boat. Exclusively shore diving.

My wife knows where off of CCV to sprinkle my ashes. Yes, it’s home. You’ll have that feeling, likely during your very first week’s visit.

Enjoy.
Ditto this. Wife and I headed to CCV tomorrow morning, our 6th visit. Can't sing the praises loud enough.

Anybody ??? Bueller ??? Bueller ????? Anybody ?????

Just wonderin'
You can wave at me at the airport on Sep. 2: I'm arriving (American Airlines and the US Passport Office permitting) on 9/2.

You can wave at me at the airport on Sep. 2: I'm arriving (American Airlines and the US Passport Office permitting) on 9/2.
hdtran, We will be spending the week with you. Arriving on AA on 9/2 out of Miami originating in Cleveland Ohio. Myself (Melissa) and diving buddy (Bridget). We look forward to meeting and diving with you!

Reactions: Doc

Back
Top Bottom