Coco View, Bananarama, Subway Watersports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those who have really explored Roatan dive operators, if you had one day in Roatan, and were looking to make the most of 2 tanks (with NITROX, extended bottom times, and for a serious photographer), which of these dive operations would you recommend: CoCo View, Bananarama or Subway Watersports? I know as a resort CoCo View is very popular, but would the West End be more advantageous in this situation?

Input welcome!

Checkout damage from hurricane at West End. This might make a difference to the answer to your question.

Shore dive at CocoView will give you extended bottom and there is fair likelihood of interesting stuff for photos - sand, reef and wreck (scuppered vessel). The staff at the Dive Centre are very helpful and you could phone them up in advance to discuss exactly what you are looking for.

My wife and I dove with Subway in February this year. We were very pleased with the service, quality of people and the dives they provided. There were only 4 divers plus a DM so it was definately NOT a catle call. After a brief discussion regarding experience, the first thing they asked was if we had a preference to type or location of dive. One dive we chose to dive the Prince Albert wreck which is just offshor from CCV.

I've never dived with anyone else on Roatan but would not hesitate to dive with them again. Ask for the lady DM whose sailboat was struck by lightning. She was very helpful, informative and knowledgable about the various sites.

Have a great time.

Bananarama just got a bad sidebar review in the October 2005 "Undercurrent"....probably best to shy away from them for now.

CoCoView resort in Roatan has a wonderful dive operation. The resort is rustic and comfortable, the food good and the dive staff excellent. The boats are just the right size so not too many divers and the dive lockers are very convenient and large enough for all of your gear. I was there during Hurricane Wilma. We lost a day and a half of diving and still had a ball. The staff had our safety in mind at all times during the storm. You can't go wrong if you go with them. Check them out at www.cocoviewresort.com.

BurBunny:
For those who have really explored Roatan dive operators, if you had one day in Roatan, and were looking to make the most of 2 tanks (with NITROX, extended bottom times, and for a serious photographer),

You had better be set up for macro. If you don't know where & how to find the little buggers, hire your own DM. If you get the right guy, your trip could be very much so worth it. If you jump in thinking you'll just have a look-see, you'll be :(

which of these dive operations would you recommend: CoCo View, Bananarama or Subway Watersports?

CCV is a good place to go if you wanted to check it out for a week-long stay. A lot of cruise ship divers that are of good experience levels wind up coming back for the next week long vacation.

SubWay is the best choice.

I know as a resort CoCo View is very popular, but would the West End be more advantageous in this situation?

The West End is closer to the bars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom