Coco and Malpelo islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkly

Registered
Reaction score
Hi
i am planning to do a cruise in MAlpelo and Coco islands. I have found 2 different cruise but I have not information about them:Undersea Hunder and Aggressor.
I have checked availability in March/April but it seem to be all booked. Do you know any other cruise from Coco to Malpelo?

i am planning to do a cruise in MAlpelo and Coco islands. I have found 2 different cruise but I have not information about them:Undersea Hunder and Aggressor.
I have checked availability in March/April but it seem to be all booked. Do you know any other cruise from Coco to Malpelo?[/QUOTE]

I was not aware the Agressor goes to Malpelo. There once was a boat going out of Colombia(Buenventura) but not sure if this opearates still. I would strongly suggest you attempt to get on the Undersea Hunter. The diving is very demanding and you need a good boat. Plus they have over 4-5 years diving Malpelo. See if you can get on a wait list. But be forwarned the diving can be amazing and it can be very bad viz wise. Some trips only spend a day or so because the conditions are very poor. but it you hit it with good viz watch out. Makes Cocos seem tame.

sharkly:
Hi
I have checked availability in March/April but it seem to be all booked. Do you know any other cruise from Coco to Malpelo?
There is a boat called the Maria Patricia that sails to Malpelo out of Buenaventura. They also stop on Gorgona Island, and ex-penal colony off the Colombian coast. From what I hear the comfort is relative, but the crew know what they are doing. The Aviatur agency in Colombia and Aquarev in France (www.aquarev.com) offer trips on this boat. There may be others...

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom