Cochran Analyst Activation Code

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BS-AC Dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi, I own several Cochran Nemesis IIa Dive Computers and as a retired Electronics Engineer I've been able to keep them working once the internal memory back-up battery has come to the end of its life. Several years ago I purchased, direct from Cochran, the Analyst 3.08 software on CD. Although this is very old and "clunky" software by today's standards (running under Windows, up to and including XP, and PC’s with RS232 ports) I still want to use it to download dive logs and configure user parameters. The problem I have is that each time you reinstall the Analyst software, on a newly configured PC for example, you need a new Activation Code. In the past I was able to e-mail Cochran and they would send it to me (once I'd given them the PC code generated by the Analyst program, the Order number and the Serial number of the CD to prove I was a genuine customer) and everything worked fine. Of course Cochran ceased trading in 2018 and all my e-mails to them, in a vain attempt to get a new Activation Code, have failed. Does any software expert out there know of a work around to the problem? I thought I saw somewhere a post from someone who says they have written software to run under Linux that will/may work with the serial interface used by Cochran on the Nemesis IIa and Gemini computers but I can't find the thread/link to it anymore. Can anyone help me please? I don't have any objection to paying a reasonable price for a solution. BS-AC Dave.

Is this the post you are referring to

Thank you for your help and guidance. I will take a look to see if the tools you have developed can assist me.

I wouldn't mind knowing how the OP saved the older units with volatile memory...I pitched 2 of them because of this.

You can download Cochran computers with Subsurface and Diving Log, no need to use the Analyst software anymore.
Unfortunately Diving Log 6.0 only supports Cochran Gemini, Commander and EMC series computers. It does not support the Nemesis which used a RS232 serial interface. Thanks for your suggestion and help though.

did you ever figure this out? if not i have a acquaintance that has helped me out before with software activation problems like this. i would be happy to try if you are willing to send me a copy of analyst 3.08 or alternatively if we cant get that to work i think i still have a copy of the original analyst for ms-dos (v1.04) that talks to the nemesis IIa via rs232. working from old memory i don't think it has a activation code required but is probably clunkier than analyst 3.08 :wink:

Back
Top Bottom