cobra alarms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garry Owens

Reaction score
I bought a suunto cobra computer recently and am having trouble hearing the alarm.
Was wondering if anybody else had the same problem?

cheers

Yep, about the only time I can hear my Cobra's alarm underwater is if I'm looking at it and see it flashing. That way it gets my attention. I can hear it fine on the surface, though. Probably a result of all that extremely loud Heavy Metal I listened to as a teenager. :)

Hi Garry.

I had the same problem with my cobra, i could never hear the alarms underwater. But i reasoned that i shouldnt be relying on an alarm to warn me what im doing wrong.

The cobra has an alarm?
You couldn't prove it by me... I think they tuned it in the center of the "aviator's dip" (the frequency where old jet jocks can't hear).
Rick

I used to think the problem with my not hearing my Cobra's alarm was my thick hood. Now that the water has warmed up and I'm diving hoodless, I realize I still can't hear it most of the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom