Cobra 3 VS Cobra 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just came into a Cobra 3. Quick look at it seems that it is just like my Vyper Air, only hose connected vs wireless AI.

In comparison to my Cobra 1 the only things I see different of import (IMO) is the electronic compass and a bit more control over Bit rate on data gathering.

What are some of the reasons (other than the built in e-compass and age of the device) I'd want to replace my Cobra 1 with the Cobra 3?

BITD we used the Cobra 1. A fine little computer. I found the Cobra 1 screen easier to read than the Cobra 3 screen. The analog compass on the Cobra 1 just made the unit a bit larger but not that big of a deal. As such, if I was still using it there would be no reason to replace it.

I have never got hands on with the Vyper but love my Cobra 3 I bought in 2017

Good luck downloading data from a Cobra1. It uses an antique serial data connection that is just not available on a modern PC/Phones. I don't know what the Cobra3 uses, but it's probably more accessible from 21st century PCs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom