Cobalt Coast grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
we just got back from Grand Cayman. We stayed at the Cobalt Coast resort and dove with Dive Tech. These two operationsa re the best I have found in all of my travels. Cobalt Coast is very smooth and easy to work with, they take great pride in their resort and they should. It is clean and the service is over the top. The Owner Arie goes so far out of his way to make sure you get what you need it will blow your mind. Everything we threw at him he was able to aquire and schedule in no time!!! Rental car - delivered, wedding - connections, food - recommendations, other activities - scheduled, drivers - on time. we had absolutely nothing to complain about. the on iste restaurant was well run and the food very tastey.

Dive Tech ran like a well oiled machine. No hickups what so ever. They were professioanl and fun. Peopl eyou could trust to make the diving easy. no repeat sites, no issues, great dive masters who watched to make sure everyone was safe yet allowed buddy pairs to navigate on their own as well.

If you want to go to grand cayman - there is no other option!!!

Thank you Arie and Dive Tech!!! We miss you already.

We've been staying at CC and diving with Divetech since they first opened and love them. We haven't been there in 18 months, but are booked for a trip this coming August.

How was the diving itself? I heard it's still good, but others said it's still chewed up from the hurricane. Were staying at Sunset House month...and would VERY much welcome some dive site reccomendations. Thanks!

Also loved Cobalt Coast and Divetech. We stayed with them on our 2nd trip to the island (our first dive trip ever) and loved it. The food is pretty good (THE BEST PANCAKES EVER), very convenient location to town without being right in it, good shore dive, the diving was pretty good. Will definitely stay with them again.

How was the diving itself? I heard it's still good, but others said it's still chewed up from the hurricane. Were staying at Sunset House month...and would VERY much welcome some dive site reccomendations. Thanks!

I was there last year, and, it was nice. couldn't see too much damage.
as far as dive site recomendations: dive the east end as much as possible! The reef there is very pristine! one of the healthiest i have seen in the carribean.....

Highly recommend The Northwall Deep and shallow reefs, they are just awesome.
Deep Sites - Ghost Mountain, Valley of the Turtles, Hepps Wall, Eagleray pass, Lighthouse Point from shore, Princess Penny, Main Street & Hammerhead wall
Shallow Sites - Bears Paw, Hepps Pipe line, Sand Hole reef, School House Reef, Ocean Point reef & Sea Fan Reef from shore

I appreciate it. I keep hearing east end is best, but I also heard that's the direction the hurricane came at a few years ago. Thanks again.

I dove the east end last year. couldn't see any evidence of hurricane damage. As far as reef conditions go: The east end is the best on the island, then north wall (close second) , then 7mb area.
You will have a blast wherever you go..
Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom